Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Classrooms and Cement

Due to wifi problems, I have to keep this short.

This morning we had a wonderful time as each of us was assigned to a different classroom in either the nursery or school. I had the pleasant surprise of being put into the class where there were children who I had in the class my first trip here four years ago. They have definitely grown up!

Many struggled as our Spanish understanding wasn't quite up to the constant and multiple voices coming at us from the kids, but the children were simply so excited to see us they did not mind.

Our afternoon was spent finishing a cement and cinderblock wall and chipping away at cement to put a door where a wall had stood.

Hopefully I will be able to post more soon, but I fear I will soon lose the connection.

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment